Communicating weather and climate workshop
Tues 11 to Wed 12 June 2019 (2 day)
This two-day event that builds upon some of the key issues identified at the interactive AMOS-ISCHMO 2018 workshop ‘Communicating weather and climate: Ways we can do better’.
This is an event within an event, aimed at those who communicate weather and climate science. Each day opens with a plenary, before moving into sessions, and finishing with an interactive afternoon workshop.
We aim to enhance the communication of weather and climate by:
- Understanding fundamental science
- Examining communication barriers
- Introducing innovative communication ideas
- Presenting case studies
- Providing opportunities for participants to meet each other, as well as weather and climate scientists
- Identifying issues of concern/relevance to this community with a view to addressing them
Melissa Lyne, AMOS
Karen Pearce, Bloom Communication